Our people play a key role in ensuring the future success of our children and our Trust. Our central HR team works across our Trust to create an environment that supports our people and vision and enables them to continue to grow and develop.
Our experienced HR team provide a professional, supportive, and comprehensive HR provision, working closely with our leaders to ensure the needs of their schools are being met.
We provide access to various services and systems including:
- Health and Wellbeing
- Access to Occupational Health services
- Succession planning
- A full suite of HR policies, template letters and guides
- Self Service HR Portal
- Policy and procedures review, updates, and consultation with unions
- Contractual documentation
- Online appraisal software
- Online DBS application system
- Single Central Record Online system
- Pre-employment checks
- Payroll and pensions administration
- Hearing/meeting attendance
We offer dedicated and experienced HR support via telephone, email, and onsite attendance including:
- Recruitment and Selection - appointment of teaching and non-teaching staff
- Induction and Onboarding
- Employee Relations case work (such as Disciplinary, Capability, Grievances, Managing allegations against staff)
- Attendance Management – Short- and long-term sickness and non-sickness related absences
- Occupational Health Referrals - to facilitate the resolution of health and absence issues impacting on schools
- Performance Management - including Appraisal, Pay Policy & Performance Related Pay
- Policies and Procedures – interpretation and application
- Teachers and Support Staff Pay and Terms and Conditions – interpretation and application
- Change Management and Consultation - which may include preparing for and implementing proposals for new staffing structures
- Early/Ill Health Retirement
We ensure that our policies and advice are in line with employment legislation and best practice by working closely with external legal advisors Stone King.
Our HR Team also provide support to our school Academy Governance Committees as required.
Click here to read Vickie Sumner, our Executive Director of HR's biography